Friday, August 23, 2013

Only the Beginning

First Things first

I have never blogged before this moment, so this may or may not be any good.  The same goes towards being a maker, which is an entirely new concept for me.  Does it count if I do art, and creative writing?  Because that's what I am going to stick to for the time being as my path of making/creating.

Today I ended up decorating the cover of my day book (I'll include a picture later), and at the beginning I was truthfully stuck on what to do.  I haven't had that problem since Ap Art, and deciding on concentrations.   Eventually I started to flip through a magazine, and was lucky to find a page that was filled with "word art".  I tore the page out, found another page with some interesting art on it, and moved on to some color paper.  Cutting the pictures and paper into angular boxes, I started to overlap them, creating a design, and went back and outlined the boxes with colored markers.  At first I really hated the design, and thought it was going to go south quick, but I angled some more pictures, and went outlining crazy with the markers, turning it into a startling success.  At least it felt startling when I looked at the finished product, wondering how one earth I managed to do a cover that I would be proud of.



My Opinion on "Making"

I really don't have one yet.  I'm still trying to figure it all out, I believe I have the general scope down, but it's all kind of daunting when ideas are pushed onto me.  As far as I'm concerned I make stories and art, and that's as far as it will probably go, so on the technological aspect of making my future isn't looking too bright.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is nice to see that you have found a making medium that you are comfortable with. I believe that is one of the most important parts of being a maker, finding the best way you can express yourself and mastering it.

Unknown said...

then make the best stories and art possible to exspress yourself. i saw your g+ maker project drawing. it was realy good! FYI i sit next to you in class

Kayla Vazquez said...

I really like what you did for the cover of your day book :) I think it was a really creative to use word art. I also agree with you about not really having an opinion on making yet. I think it is something that we will figure out as we go through the class. Also I think I sit in front of you in class :)