Monday, November 4, 2013

Nanowrimo Day Four

Day four and I feel like it's beginning to hit that excruciating point of the writing process.  This is technically another rewrite, but I have vowed not to try to edit anything I have written. The problem lies in re purposing old material that can still be used in the current version, and characters that I want to keep but have no explanation for.  The only thing that is inspiring enough to keep me going is more music.  :)
 Here's my list for the last week:
-Invincible (2013) (Battle Rock) though it's only on youtube
-This is for the Fallen (Epic Vocal Rock)
-Star Trek (1st one) soundtrack

It's short, but still effective for writing.  I am currently at around 7,000 words today, supposedly on track for the 50,000 word count for the month.  If any of you are looking for a challenge, try this next year, or if you're extremely courageous you can still try it this year, though you'd already be several thousand behind.  It's an experience I've been proud to even try for the second time, winning or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am not crazy enough to even take on that challenge. i have also found it easier to write while listening to music, i dont know what it is but its so relaxing and just lets me express myself more