Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nanowrimo Days Seven and Eight

First week is almost down, and I think I'm starting to realize how much more planning I need for this story.  I learned last year that you don't jump into a story without proper planning, it ends in misery and defeat.  And I will say this, being told you failed Nanowrimo is a harrowing experience, it kills your motivation on writing for a while.  The miracle?  The weekend is almost here, and with it comes more oppurtunity to write, which means catching up.  Nanowrimo is going to have a marathon on Saturday, but I probably won't be fully on track with that.  Friday I might sit, and use a white board to do more brainstorming, so I can hopefully carry on with this 50,000 word goal.

Right now, I am at around the 10,000 word mark, a little behind, but slowly trying to catch up.  I may end up looking for more motivational tools soon, but I think I can stick this out, and still make good grades in school.  A writer can dream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe you could find someone else that is doing the nanowrimo too. you could motivate each other