Friday, November 1, 2013

Nanowrimo

Those unused to the term used in this title might want to get acquainted with it.  The name Nanowrimo refers to National Novel Writing Month (yes, it's real-look it up if you're interested), and that month just so happens to be November.  Last year I tried my hand at the 50,000 word goal and made it to a sad 11,000 if that was even the score (I think I heavily rounded up).  This year I've decided once was not enough, and hey, maybe I have gotten smarter, so I'm giving it a try with a bit of a clearer plan in mind.  The focus of this writing marathon is going to be Rebirth, which is starting to be a thorn in my side, so why not?  Right?

If any of you find the site, and decide you're insane enough to take a stab at it, be forewarned, do not take it lightly.  50,000 words is roughly 2,000 words a day.  That's enough words to drive even the best of us crazy, and I'm not banking on myself making it to that word count.  Wish me luck, and I might post my first week's word count, just don't expect a grand amount.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do all 50,000 of these words have to be used in a novel? if not then you could count the day book work in that too