Thursday, November 7, 2013

Reflecting on the Drafts

As a joke I'll just say that there's not much to reflect on my writing process, because I think we can all catch that that was a bad lie.  When I write there is a process, but it is confusing, and hard to remember when looking back at it.  I have a symptom of bad memory.  There are bits of music that creep into my other writing project, and instead of just influencing my book, it puts its mark on everything.  Some of the new music is by an artist call Les Friction.  It sounds weird, but this music is epic, and helped me imagine some of the scenes in my other project.



Les Friction
-World on Fire
-Firewall
-Here comes the reign
-Louder than Words
-Who will save you now


Listen to some of the songs, and you get a little bit of my process right there.  There's a sense of dramatic thought to these songs, and they drove me to work harder, and stay strong in my Nanowrimo goal.  Check through some of my other posts if you are interested in any of the music in this post, some of the others have more music that has inspired me.

Music has only been a portion of this progress though, and due to my earlier progress post you can see how Oblivion played a role in which drafts I chose to write, and how I would write them.  Though it never was mentioned in the drafts, it influenced how I looked at the ideas during my brainstorming process.

Most of the rest of the process was dominated by my own experiences, and those of family members who were impacted by the subject at hand.  The joke from before comes to mind, and I think the reason for its existence is that it can be so hard to explain.  There are hardly enough words to describe how you pass through ideas, and let your imagination run wild.  The fact that I did most of these drafts in a short span of time doesn't help in reflecting on it.  I think writers in general want to be tight lipped in how their process works, its their special way of doing things, and part of their reclusive get away from the world.  To reveal that is like opening yourself to a world that may not accept your way.


This picture speaks volumes of how the song, firewall is just so powerful.  If you go onto youtube, this is the picture get when the song plays, and it just reflects the song so well.  This song was just so inspirational to my process.  Here are some pictures from when I started writing both my drafts, though the focus is on technology.






I don't own any of the pictures, except for the writing ones.  The first two belong to their respective owners.


2 comments:

Kayla Vazquez said...

I think it's really interesting how music can influence people. I know when I work I listen to music and it just seems to help me get my progress along. I listened to a few of the songs you posted and they are actually really good!

Unknown said...

i listened to the first 3 songs, and they all seem like they would be songs that are in some sort of movie.