Monday, October 14, 2013

Inspirations

One thing I noticed when I finished up Divergent (Veronica Roth) last week was that she had written about some of the things that had inspired her to write her series, and create the idea of the factions.  Of course I thought about the fact that she listened to songs I hadn't, but I also thought about how these things can affect you, as well as your writing.  I figured I should share some of the most recent music I've listened to.

-Pompeii by Bastille
-Laura Palmer by Bastille
-War of Change by Thousand Foot Krutch
-Against the tide by Celldweller
-Runnin by Adam Lambert
-Shattered by Trading Yesterday
-Right Here by Ashes Remain                                          
-Radioactive by Imagine Dragons                                    
-Never close our eyes by Adam Lambert
-Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes

It's a small selection for now, but I think these songs really made me think about what I was writing, and where I would go with some of my characters.  Against the tide has been my go to song for anything about the relationship of my main character and his brother.  With Nanowrimo coming up in less than a month I am in the process of setting up my characters and plotline/chapter guide again.  Maybe this time I can stay strong enough to focus just on Imminent Wars, and not editing for once.  What do you think of music and writing?  What inspires you?  Feel free to share some good song titles as well, I love checking out new stuff!
And any writers out there, what gets you prepped for writing?

No comments: