Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Short Stories are Murder on your Brain

Another week has gone by in my life, and there's a voice in the back of my head that is judging my inactivity with my writing.  You know how writers are supposed to write everyday?  I've written for my series maybe once this week.  Is it my fault that my classes have bombed me?  But nope, my brain is slamming me with guilt.  A solution?  I thought I would do a submission to a literary-Arts magazine on campus.  The only problem is that it has to be a short story, and most of the ones I saw in their magazine were life stories, and romance.  This is where I worry about the little things like my violent writing which sometimes doesn't have an ounce of romance, and may not have a happy ending.  It doesn't help that I usually create story ideas for the long haul, not a few pages.  This could become difficult, but maybe if I succeed I can find the motivation to aim for that goal of publishing.  A writer can dream, right?

I'm still wondering if I want to do Nanowrimo this year.  November is National Novel Writing month, but the one question is if I have the time to put towards 50,000 words for that month.  Last year I tried, and I got bombed with projects during that month.  Maybe I'll try again, and have a death wish for my brain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i dont quite agree with something you said.

"a writer can dream, right?"

no they cant, that would suggest that they sleep :P
(its a joke so dont take it seriously)